Saturday, January 4, 2014

New Year's Resolutions?

My thoughts exactly, ha!
Happy 2014!  I cannot believe it's 2014 already... It's too soon.  2014 almost sound futuristic to me?! However, I have been waiting for this year for awhile now mainly because this is the year I get to serve the Lord! Only 86 more days and I will be able to start my papers.  That's in a few months from now though, so what do I do with myself until then?  Make a New Year's resolution of course!

Alright, admit it, we've all made a resolution before and have definitely not stuck with it.  I am guilty of this, many times!  This year though, I really want to get in shape for summer and before I leave for a year and a half.  A friend of mine told me about this crazy (I hate this word, I really do, just think of it more along the lines of "healthy" ok, here it comes) ....diet.  It's called the 'Paleo Diet' also referred to as the 'Caveman Diet'.  In another words, if a caveman couldn't eat it, neither can you.  So mainly only fruits, veggies, and meats.  Absolutely no grain, dairy, or sweets.  Fun right?  To make matters even worse, they expect you to workout on top of this. HA!  Well, I'm not going to lie, it isn't easy!  I am on day three and haven't cheated once.  (Which is huge considering I have a serious addiction to anything sweet, especially chocolate.)  I have been keeping track of my body fat percentage and my weight, although mainly, I just want to be healthy and get toned. Haha, I don't care so much about numbers.  I am planning on updating my progress on the blog. Plus, I've always wanted a before and after picture!



BIG changes are going to be coming this year and I am so excited for what's in store!  


No comments:

Post a Comment